Today’s interview is with Pro Food-Blogger Jill McKeever from Simple Daily Recipes — a family friendly food blog full of menu ideas for the busy, on the go family.
Jill started her blog because she couldn’t find the info she was looking for on the internet — that was 5 years ago and she has since grown a healthy business, authored a vegetarian cookbook and is tying up loose ends on cookbook #2.
This busy homeschooling mom shares her story of growth, success and future plans for her business.
Here are some highlights from our CHAT:
- How she went from not knowing what a blog was to a very successful and busy business
- Discuss her decision to homeschool her two children and how she manages her blogging and business tasks around their schedule
- Discuss technology and the importance of starting basic and growing as your company grows
- How she got over her fear of being on video
- Importance of her personality and sense of humor in business
- Discuss her desire to be provide good visuals and her method for branding her photos
- Talk about her current e-book and where she is now on her next project
- Discuss the importance of social media — Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- She gives tips/advice for someone thinking about starting a business
ABOUT JILL MCKEEVER
Jill is a ProFood Blogger at Simple Daily Recipes — a family friendly food blog that highlights healthy meals and practical cooking for the busy family. She has mastered the art of food photography and doesn’t mind showing off her skills in front of the video camera.