Carrie Wilkerson went from over worked, over weight, depressed and in debt to one of the leading mentors and thought leaders in online marketing and women in business.
She’s a Texas girl who’s down to earth, has a non-BS approach to business and she’s making a difference in the world.
Watch my video interview with Carrie to learn more about her amazing story and see what she’s up to today.
Here are some actionable highlights from this Video Interview:
- Don’t let your own fear stop you from achieving great things – Carrie was over weight, over worked, depressed and couldn’t even get an interview. One day she said “Enough is Enough” and she’s paved her own way ever since.
- If you want success – step out of the place you don’t want to be. There’s no “Easy” card and you must do the hard work, but it’s a choice. [see previous interview with Dyana Valentine – Making Choices and Turning Your Flaws Into Awes]
- The reason you haven’t achieved what you want to achieve is because you haven’t decided that you WILL – you may want, but you must decide you will.
- You will have critics and negativity in life – don’t let it get you down. Learn from it and look at it from a measure of grace. You don’t know what path others are walking [see my previous interview with Basma Hameed to see how adversity and bullying has helped her succeed]
- On work life balance – balance is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe rhythm is a better way to label it instead of balance. Schedule important things on your calendar.
- On systems and processes – Carrie uses several tools such as Time Trade which sync’s to her Google Calendar, she has a VA for support 10 hours per month, she only accepts scheduled incoming calls and she tries to take off every Friday to spend time with her family.
- Don’t let fear stop you – you can be scared and broke or afraid and well paid. You’re going to be scared either way, so you may as well be paid for it.
About guest Carrie Wilkerson
Carrie Wilkerson is the voice of experience. From corporate life to teaching high school to direct sales, to information marketing and coaching she has ‘been there and done that’ professionally and personally. An ‘overnight mom’ to 2 toddlers through adoption, her priorities instantly changed and so did her workplace. She’s now built several businesses and coached others to do the same while overcoming extreme debt, losing 110 lbs and having 2 more children, for a total of 4, aging from toddler to teen!