Why do so many companies make it hard to do business with them? They take simple tasks, like placing an order or solving a problem, and turn them into laborious endeavors.
You see, business shouldn’t be hard and meeting your clients needs shouldn’t be painful. As a matter of fact, your job as an owner is to simplify everything in your business.
You should take the “waste” out of every process. Take the “no” out of every request. And turn “problems” into opportunities.
You need to make it easy to do business with you.
How Is Your Company Doing
If you want to know how your business really works, put yourself in the shoes of your customer by following an order through your entire system from entry until shipping.
And I mean physically follow it. Pretend you’re the order. Ask questions. Take notes.
I know it sounds a little weird, but it’s eye opening. Trust Me.
Being the order allows you to experience first hand what really happens at the most basic level of your company and will clearly show you how your business runs from the perspective of your client.
Fair warning….be prepared to say “We make our customer do what…”. But don’t let this demotivate you, because you’re not alone.
As a matter of fact, most owners are usually shocked and frustrated by what they find. Especially since they approved a lot of the extra steps….aka “hoop jumping” which are now causing issues.
Remember what I said earlier…turn problems into opportunities. And you can start by making it easy for your clients to do business with you by implementing a few of the following.
5 Ways To Make It Easy For Your Clients To Do Business With You
- Offer Exceptional Customer Service – Do everything in your power to provide the best front line service as possible by empowering your team with the skill sets and autonomy to solve problems.
- Listen, Listen, and Listen – Sometimes people just want to vent and your team needs to be ok with this. Your customer service team is your front line and it’s imperative to have the right people on this team…hire for attitude, teach skills.
- Review Your Processes – Create processes for everything in your business and routinely monitor and update them as your business changes. Processes should be fluid.
- Be Transparent – If you make a mistake, admit it. Your clients will respect you more if you’re honest, take responsibility, and communicate well.
- Deliver Plus One – Know what you can do, know what your customer wants, and deliver it plus one…basically alway go above and beyond to meet your clients needs. They will never forget it.
According to Lee Resources, for every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent.
Customers are a precious and rare gem, so handle them with care.
Over To You
What are you doing to ensure that it’s easy for your clients to do business with you? Please leave a comment below.